How to adjust your lever lock
How to use the primate 3x
EXTENDING AND COLLAPSING THE POLE
• Fully open the lever when extending or collapsing your pole, it should slide freely with a small amount of friction.
• While using your pole it is not necessary to snap the lever down over the small protruding nub on the lever lock body, simply close it so that the lever rests up against the nub.
CARING FOR YOUR POLE
• Never cantilever your pole against the pool coping or solid objects. Although the Primate Pole is strong, it is not designed to be leveraged against a hard surface. Generally speaking, we recommend using the Primate Pole as you would an aluminum pole with the assurance it will wear down much slower than aluminum. Do not try to test the strength of the Primate pole outside of regular pool service work. It is not indestructible, and if used improperly as described it can break.
• If you use a vacuum such as the RipTide, Hammerhead, or PowerVac do not try and lift your vacuum up and out of the water with your pole fully extended. When finished vacuuming, collapse your pole down as you pull the vacuum back toward you, and pull your vacuum straight up along the wall and out of the pool onto the deck.
• We recommend cutting a 5 ft length of 2 – 3 inch PVC plumbing to store your pole in the back of your truck. This protects your pole from being crushed by heavy equipment and reduces sun damage.
• There are two V-clips in the third tube of the Primate 3X, one at the bottom of the third tube and one at the top of the tube (handle grip end). This part of Primate 3X is smaller in diameter than standard poles, and special V clips are required. Packages of these V-clips are available from our shop.
To ensure your lever lock is functioning at its best, we recommend taking apart your lock assembly approximately every 90 days in order to clean it and apply fresh lube to the cam and both sides of the nylon washer.
Replacing your grips
• To use your extension with heavy vacuums such as the RipTide, Hammerhead, or PowerVac it is recommend that you connect your extension to your vacuum while on the cart first, then lift and place it into the pool. If you use multiple extensions, insert the next extension while pushing your vacuum out. When finished vacuuming, collapse your pole down as you pull the vacuum back toward you, then remove your pole and each extension one by one. Pull your vacuum straight up along the wall and out of the pool onto the deck or back onto the cart. When using one or more extensions with a pole, do NOT cantilever your pole against the coping or lift your heavy vacuum up through the water while fully extended.
• The extensions are designed to extend the reach of the pole primarily for vacuuming, and are best used for that purpose. However they can also be used for extending reach for brushing.